It can be tricky to come up with examples to use for the Cynefin domains when we are facilitating workshops.
The examples need to be easy to understand, but not so close to the topic of the workshop that accidental bias is introduced.
It turns out that the word ‘chicken’ is great source of examples.
- Simple – Chicken, everyone knows what a chicken is
- Complicated – Gender of chicks, it is a specialised skill to tell the gender when they are so young
- Complex – Why did the chicken cross the road? The answer to this joke can be different every time and hard to predict
- Chaos – A headless chicken
- Disorder – a fox in the henhouse